The Peruvian Government and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on Monday signed an agreement
to execute the Comprehensive Plan for Reconstruction with Changes in the regions affected by the 2017 Coastal El Niño Phenomenon.
What is the agreement about?
1. In first place, the agreement includes technical support in program management, through an office that will work together with the Project Management Office (PMO) of ARCC.
The United Kingdom will provide the necessary structure, strategy, and internal governance processes to align ARCC activities with the timely delivery of all works. Besides, it will perform a detailed monitoring of the schedule, costs, changes, information, risks, and opportunities.
2. Additionally, it will provide specialized technical assistance in diagnosis and improvement of all existing studies and operational plans within a maximum period of 90 days after the contract is signed.
3. Contracts will be made for the provision of goods and services, the preparation of technical files and the execution of works.
4. Capacity development strategies will be implemented at all levels of government involved in the implementation of actions in line with the agreement.
What does the agreement involve?
2. The United Kingdom will provide technical assistance for the construction of comprehensive solutions in the management of 17 rivers, 5 streams, and pluvial drainage in 7 coastal cities.
3. Additionally, the deal will boost reconstruction works at 15 health facilities and 74 emblematic schools.
4. The projects under this agreement are located in 9 regions: Tumbes, Piura, Lambayeque, Cajamarca, La Libertad, Ancash, Lima, Ica and Huancavelica.