Andina

President Vizcarra greets Peruvians on Workers' Day

13:00 | Lima, May. 1.

President Martin Vizcarra on Tuesday greeted the strength and dedication of Peruvians, whose efforts at work serve to provide for their families.

As is known, Peru celebrates Worker's Day on May 1.

On the occasion, the Head of State indicated that Peruvian citizens contribute to the South American country's progress.

"You have my commitment and that of my administration to generate more development and well-being for all. Happy Workers' Day," he tweeted.

According to the 2017 National Household Survey, Peru houses 16,511,000 workers, of which 77% (12,721,500) worked in the urban area and the remaining 23% (3,789,500) in the rural sphere.

The National Institute of Statistics and Informatics' (INEI) Permanent Employment Survey revealed that —between January and March 2018— 7,666,500 citizens comprised the working-age population in Lima Metropolitan Area.

From that total, 5,221,200 were part of the Economically Active Population (EAP).

(END) JAA/MVB

Published: 5/1/2018
Most read