, forcing him to leave the Presidency of the Republic.
The censure motion was approved with 75 votes in favor, 24 against, and three abstentions.
Following the vote, Congress' Acting Chairman Fernando Rospigliosi stated that the motions had been approved.
Therefore, the Board declared the vacancy of the office of President of the Republic.
Likewise, Rospigliosi called a session for tomorrow at 6:00 p.m. (local time) to elect the new chairman of Congress, who will assume the duties of Head of State.
He also said the deadline to submit candidate nominations expires today at 6:00 p.m.
Motions approved
Following an extraordinary session, Congress approved the admission for debate of seven censure motions against former President of the Republic Jose Jeri.
Among the arguments cited were irregular visits made by Jeri outside official working hours.
Congressman Esdras Medina referred to "clandestine meetings with private businesspeople linked to the State" and to "irregular and improper visits to the Government Palace, evidenced by the presence of more than 10 women at times unrelated to public duties, who were later hired by the Executive Branch."
Subsequently, Congresswoman Ana Zegarra of Somos Peru (We Are Peru) took the floor and raised a point of order to determine whether a vacancy or a censure should apply.
Zegarra said the grounds on which Jeri was being accused related to his actions as President of the Republic; however, his censure was being considered in his capacity as chairman of Congress.
In light of this, the request was put to a vote. It was rejected with 71 votes against, 34 in favor, and one abstention.
Thus, the censure motion was put to a vote and approved by the plenary session.
As is known, Jose Jeri assumed the Presidency of the Republic on October 10, 2025, in his capacity as chairman of Congress, following the impeachment and removal from office of Dina Boluarte by Parliament.