The number of citizens infected with COVID-19 rose to 1,995,257 and the death toll reached 187,847 in Peru as of June 9 at 10:00 p.m. (local time), the Ministry of Health (Minsa)
Within this framework, 241 people passed away from the virus on the analyzed day.
11,329,985 samples tested negative for COVID-19 —out of a total of 13,325,242.
It must be noted that 1,952,027 people have been discharged and declared healthy. Other 10,591 were hospitalized.
Minsa is the official source of authorized information on coronavirus in the South American country. Thus, the content circulating in social media and other unofficial networks should not be deemed as true.
Minsa recommends that people should take the following preventive measures:
• Wear a face mask / and a face shield when using public transportation and going to markets, supermarkets, shopping centers, or department stores.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Avoid close contact with people who have respiratory illnesses.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.