The number of citizens infected with coronavirus (COVID-19) rose to 607,382 in Peru and the death toll reached 28,001 as of Monday at midnight, the Ministry of Health (Minsa) has confirmed.
2,425,362 samples tested negative for COVID-19 —out of a total of 3,032,744.
It must be noted that 414,577 people have been discharged and declared healthy. Other 12,950 were hospitalized.
Minsa is the official source of authorized information on coronavirus in the South American country. Thus, the content circulating in social media and other unofficial networks should not be deemed as true.
The ministry recommends washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; covering nose and mouth with the forearm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing; avoiding eye, nose, and mouth touching with unwashed hands; and avoiding close contact with people who have respiratory illnesses.
Minsa recommends that people should take the following preventive measures:
• Wear a face mask / and a face shield when using public transportation.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.