The number of citizens infected with COVID-19 rose to 2,105,005 and the death toll reached 195,973 in Peru as of July 25 at 10:00 p.m. (local time), the Ministry of Health (Minsa)
Within this framework, 50 people passed away from the virus on the analyzed day.
13,232,562 samples tested negative for COVID-19 —out of a total of 15,337,567.
It must be noted that 2,070,810 people have been discharged and declared healthy. Other 5,898 were hospitalized.
On the other hand, a total of 12,246,415 vaccine doses have been administered in Peru as of July 26 at 11:35 p.m. (local time). Within this framework, 4,535,162 people have received both doses.
Minsa is the official source of authorized information on coronavirus in the South American country. Thus, the content circulating in social media and other unofficial networks should not be deemed as true.
Minsa recommends that people should take the following preventive measures:
• Wear a face mask / and a face shield when using public transportation and going to markets, supermarkets, shopping centers, or department stores.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Avoid close contact with people who have respiratory illnesses.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.