Peru will extend its range of tourist attractions thanks to the 40th edition of the Dakar Rally, which will kick off in Peru on January 6, 2018, the Andean country's Exports and Tourism Promotion Board (PromPeru) informed.
"The Dakar Rally 2018
will contribute to diversifying and expanding Peru's tourist offer by presenting attractive landscapes of the Peruvian desert, its proximity to the sea and part of the Andes," PromPeru's Tourism Department Director Marisol Acosta said.
These kinds of events enable the country to increase its range of tourist attractions and destinations, she told Andina news agency.
On the other hand, Acosta affirmed Peru's hotels are already experiencing an increasing demand as result of the Dakar Rally 2018
The Dakar Rally 2018
will kick off in Lima on January 6 and will be carried out in six stages within Peruvian territory until January 11.
The route includes cities: Pisco, San Juan de Marcona, Arequipa, and Puno.
Afterwards, the competition will continue its journey thru Bolivia and Argentina.
Dakar 2018 in Peru
- First stage: January 6 / Lima-Pisco.
- Second stage: January 7 / Pisco-Pisco.
- Third stage: January 8 / Pisco-San Juan de Marcona.
- Fourth stage: January 9 / San Juan de Marcona-San Juan de Marcona.
- Fifth stage: January 10 / San Juan de Marcona-Arequipa.
- Sixth stage: January 11 / Arequipa-La Paz (via Puno).